Rare anchor lantern manufactured by The Nautical Lamps Co., Mfrs. of Nautic Brand Products, Plainville, Conn. as embossed on the oval copper label. Classic style 9 inch anchor lantern made of galvanized metal with brass chimney cap. The lantern body is painted silver. The glass Fresnel lens is complete, but has a single crack on the backside of the lens (see image below). Retains the old removable snap-in burner. The chimney cap also has a small split in the top. Nice old seafaring boat lantern!
Our research turned up a few articles in copies of 1930's era Motor Boating Magazine. According to these articles, The Nautical Lamp Company was organized in Plainville, Connecticut in early 1932, producing a wide range of marine and navigational lamps, lanterns, searchlights and other similar products. The company was purchased by Wilcox, Crittenden & Company, Inc. of Middleton, Conn. in the later part of 1936, so the company was only in production for four years.