A large copper & brass bow light, circa 1900, manufactured by Elisha Webb & Son, Philadelphia. Makers engraved marks are located on both the lantern front and back door that states: "ELISHA WEBB & SON, MAKER, PHILA. PA." Fixture is constructed of thick copper with brass swing handle on top and chimney closure. Double glass Fresnel lens in front with heavy copper wire guards for protection. Hinged back door opens to interior with original removable fitted copper light canister with fitted mahogany bottom. The back door has a removable convex mirror for light reflection.
CONDITION: This old salty ship light survives with a few body dents and the red and green color glass inserts are missing so lenses are clear white lights. The original burner is missing but we are adding a new interior light fixture for easy electric use. Both of the thick glass lens have multiple chips and repaired cracks, but are intact and functional. The starboard side has a chip out of the right side edge.
DIMENSIONS: Stands 20 inches tall exclusive of bail handle, 14 ½ inches wide across the back including the wire guards and 11 inches in depth. Weighs 21 pounds!
Elisha Webb & Son was founded in 1894 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Click here for enlarged view.