A large early 20th century port lantern made by the NATIONAL MARINE LAMP CO., NEW YORK as stamped on the brass manufacturers plate located on the back of the lantern. Also bears the brass label on the front stating: "TRIPLEX TRADE MARK, LENSE PAT. DEC 20, 1910, OTHER PATS. PENDING". The red TRIPLEX lens survives in good order with no chip or cracks. Manufactured in galvanized metal, the lantern retains an old red painted surface, with expected losses from years of use at sea. The hinged bottom door is intact and working order. Missing burner and the hinged door is now fastened using an old nail for closure. Double metal guards protects the lens. Unusual style chimney. Measures 14 1/2 in. tall X 7 in. X 7 in. Great old seafaring light from the Arthur A. Rebman Maritime Collection.